Over 9 Years on the Web
SelfCounseling.com has been providing excellent articles and resources on the web for over 9 years!
March 29, 2017
Top : Medical Diseases
- 24 Languages - Health information in multiple languages - There are over 200 medical brochures available on this site translated into a number of languages. Also a number of links to related health websites for further research.
- A year to remember - A blog and memorial to a daughter of a sufferer of Alzheimer's. Read their story, poems and journals. Find information on Alzheimer's.
- American Diabetes Association - The website of the American Diabetes Association. Find information on diabetes, living with diabetes and food and fitness tips. There is also a page for professionals.
- Answers.com - Mental retardation - Information on Mental retardation. Read a definition and description of this disorder and learn about the levels of disability.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Intellectual Disability - Learn about Intellectual Disability. Read about it's causes, prevalence and where to find help.
- Diabetes Monitor - Support and information on diabetes. Research diabetes in children, tips on diet and lifestyle and ideas for caregivers.
- Diabetes Self Defense - Learn facts about diabetes and how to combat this disease. With a preview of the book Diabetes Self Defense, facts on diabetes and a blog with up to date new on diabetic research..
- Don Wiss's Home Page - There are links to pages for those researching diets for allergy sufferers. With links to sites gluten free and dairy free recipes. Tips for foraging and information on Celiac disease.
- Early symptoms Diabetes - Research information on diabetes, natural treatments and traditional medical approaches to control diabetes. Read articles on diet, weight loss and the glycemic index.
- Heart Currents - Resources for the Heart - Information on how to have a healthy heart. With articles on music for the heart, pacemakers, stem cell research and many other interesting facts.
- Heartak - Displayed are a series of 40 images drawn when the artist was recovering from a heart attack
- Help for IBS - Find information and advice on how to cope with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Read recipes and diet tips, books, yoga and hypnosis information. Read and share stories on the message boards.
- Hidradenitis Suppurativa Foundation, Inc. - A support site for those suffering form the condition Hidradenitis Suppurativa , a inflammatory skin condition. Learn about the research taking place on this condition, read about the grants and awards given, support the site by making a donation and funding further research. There is information on the diagnosis, treatment, prevalence and the part genetics play. Also available is a list of doctors knowledgeable in treating this condition.
- IBS Page.com - Learn about IBS treatments and medications and alternative treatments. Find recommend reading lists and research, news and discussion groups.
- IBS Tales - Read about experiences of those coping with Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Read happy, sad and embarrassing stories. Learn about treatments and medications.
- International Paruresis Association - The website of the International Paruresis Association. Learn about the condition Paruresis, find information and support. Join in the forums and share your story.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Treatment - Find information on IBS, research treatments and self help. Read about diets and medications.
- Lyme Info - Find information and resources on Lyme disease. Read about the disease, prevention and current medical research.
- Medical Resource Reviews Database - Find reviews on medical resources. Use the search engine to search for the health topic of your choice and read it's review.
- Mediline Plus - Trusted Health Information for you - A place to research medical topics, featuring over 800 health topics, a medical encyclopedia, a medical dictionary and information about over the counter and prescription medicines, herbal treatments and supplements. Keep up with current health news.
- Mediline Plus - Trusted Health Information for you (Spanish) - A place to research medical topics, featuring over 800 health topics, a medical encyclopedia, a medical dictionary and information about over the counter and prescription medicines, herbal treatments and supplements. Keep up with current health news.
- Medline Plus - Mental retardation - Read about Mental Retardation. Learn about the symptoms, causes, treatment and prognosis.
- Mental Help Net - Self Help Sourcebook Online - A resource for online research for mental self help. Use the search engine to find answers to your mental health questions.
- Merck - Mental Retardation/Intellectual Disability - Learn about Mental Retardation/Intellectual Disability. Read about the levels of disability.
- National Organization for Rare Disorders - Find information and support for sufferers and caregivers of those with a rare disease or disorders. Learn scientific facts and read research findings.
- Snopes.com - A site with odd ball facts on medical topics.
- Specifica Mental Health Resources - Find answers and information on medically related questions. Resources for health professionals.
- Spiral - Selected patient information in Asian languages - Obtain medical information in a number of Asian languages. Links to other web resources and information about Spiral.
- Surgery Concerns - Have common surgical questions answered. Join in the support groups and read about medical secrets.
- The Alternative Medicine Homepage - Learn about alternative medicines and treatments. Read about hiv and aids alternative treatments. Sign up for newsletters. Find a practitioner.
- The Arc of the United States - Find support and resources. Join in the online community to share your story of Mental Retardation.
- The Glaucoma Foundation - Learn about the impact of glaucoma, the research, the importance of early diagnosis, watch educational videos, support the funding of research. Read about upcoming events and more.
- The Sleep Medicine - Find information on sleep and sleep disorders. Read the news groups and newsletters, find facts on medications and clinical trials.
- TMJ Association - Temporomandibular Joint and Muscle Disorders - Read an overview of this condition, find support and self care tips. Common treatments and frequently asked questions are answered.
- Tricare - The website of Tricare. Learn about the insurance services they offer.
- Vantage Oncology - The website of Vantage Oncology. Learn about their treatment centers and therapies, their new technologies. Read about the doctors and resources.
- We Move - A resource for information on movement disorders. Read about different syndromes and conditions, their medications and therapies. Read research papers and join in the discussion group.